SWEET POTATO BROWNIES
I have tried and tested many brownies (trust me), so this is my healthy take on one of my favourite treats.
- 2 Medium sweet potatoes
- 100g Golden syrup
- 100ml Coconut oil
- 80g Dates
- 1 Egg
- 100g Coconut/ spelt flour
- 5 tbsp. cocao powder (or coco powder)
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 50g Walnuts
- Flaked almonds for decoration
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
2. Wrap your potatoes in kitchen paper and microwave for 9 minutes. Then peel them and put in a blender.
3. Add the golden syrup, coconut oil, dates and egg to the blender. Blend until smooth, you may need to stir as you blend to make sure all the ingredients are blended properly.
4. In a mixing bowl add the flour, cocao powder and baking powder. Mix together with the sweet potato mixture.
5. Crush the walnuts in your hand and then add to the mixture.
6. Grease a baking tin with greaseproof baking paper and pour in your brownie mix. Cover with the flaked almonds and pop in the oven.
7. Cook for 25 minutes, and enjoy! They are super yummy with a blob of yogurt.