I used to make these all the time at uni, as they are really cheap and easy to make. (Also very yummy of course)
- 1 x 160g Tin of tuna
- ½ Large celery stalk
- 25g feta
- Fresh chilli
- ½ Medium carrot
- 1 Egg
- 1 Medium courgette
- Chilli flakes
- 5 Asparagus stalks
- 5 Pieces of sweetcorn
1. Drain the tuna and empty the tin into a mixing bowl. Then chop the celery into small pieces and add to the tuna. Chop up the feta into chunks, along with a few slices of the chilli (add as much as you’d like) and add it to the bowl.
2. Grate your carrot, and add it with the egg to the bowl and mix well.
3. Then mould the mixture into 2 burger sized shapes, place on a plate and put in the fridge.
4. Meanwhile, cook the asparagus and sweetcorn in boiling water on a medium heat. Slice the courgette into thin, wide strips. Then line them up on a tray, sprinkle with chilli flakes and grill for 5 minutes on each side.
5. Grease a saucepan, and carefully place the tuna cakes in the pan (they will be delicate) cook them for 4/5 minutes on each side.
6. Drain your veg, and add to a plate with the courgette. Pile your fish cakes on top.