EXTRA YUMMY, TOFFE NO TOFFEE PIE
A spin on your usual banoffee pie...gluten free, dairy free and DELICIOUS.
You will need:
- A plastic food bag
- Rolling pin
- Blender/ food processor
- 2 small bowls/ dishes
- Electric whisk
For the base:
- 100g Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Coconut oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
For the toffee layer:
- 250g dates (Medjool dates work best)
- 2 tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. Peanut butter
- 1 tsp. Golden syrup
- 100ml Water
For the topping:
- 1 x 400ml can of coconut milk (refrigerated for 24hrs)
- Desiccated coconut
1. Soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes.
2. Put the cashew nuts in a food bag and smash them up with a rolling pin, until they are crumbled. Empty the bag into a mixing bowl.
3. Add the honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and mix well. Set aside.
4. Drain the dates and put them in the blender with the coconut oil, peanut butter, golden syrup and half of the water.
5. Blend together. You may need to turn off the blades and stir it together now and then, adding the rest of the water as you go.
6. When the mixture is thick and gooey, you are good to go!
7. In both small bowls, transfer the base mixture. Using the back of a small spoon compact it firmly and evenly into the dish.
8. Then transfer the middle toffee layer into the bowls evenly. Put in the fridge.
9. For the creamy topping, open the coconut milk can and spoon the thick cream layer into a mixing bowl. Leave the translucent milk. Whisk together with an electric whisk.
10. You can use a piping bag to decorate your pies, equally you can just spoon on the cream, and cover evenly. Then sprinkle over the desiccated coconut.
11. Keep in the refrigerator (unless you want to munch them straight away), else the coconut cream will go runny.