HALLOUMI AND MACKEREL SALAD WITH POMEGRANATE
- Knob of butter
- 5 small tomatoes
- Handful of butter head salad leaves
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 Mackerel (ideally fresh)
- 1 Slice of halloumi
- ¼ Pomegranate
- ½ Lime
1. In a pan, add the butter and tomatoes and cook on a medium heat until they soften.
2. Finely slice the celery. And then on a plate, add the lettuce, celery and tomatoes.
3. Turn on the grill. Line a baking tray with tin foil and place the mackerel on its side. Grill the mackerel for 5 minutes on each side. Don’t worry if it gets smoky, it's just the skin cooking.
4. In the same pan as you cooked the tomatoes, place your sliced halloumi, and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and soft.
5. Add the halloumi to your salad, and sprinkle on the pomegranate.
6. When the mackerel is done add it to your salad whole.
7. Finally, cut the lime into quarters and squeeze over the fish.